Saturday, July 31, 2010

July 27th, 2010--9:45 PM, Miambo Lodge, Zimbabwe


Up at 6:30 AM, devotions at 7 AM, breakfast at 7:30 AM. At 8 AM we headed to Saba general store; we had all our bags packed and Steve loaded them into the truck. The leadership team assembled and they met underneath a large tree. The women spread out some wraps and sat nearby, listening. After awhile, I got up and walked some. The mountains were just across the road so I walked across and had prayer; just me and God looking at the Zimbabwe mountains. After the meeting we all joined hands and prayed for the leadership team. Afterwards, we women took Naomi aside and prayed for her. We took some pics of the team with the Pitts, even though we were running late. Duncan reminded me to get ahold of him if I want to do the internship. "Don't forget" he told me with his steely blue eyes and gravelly voice.. I promised him I wouldn't. I couldn't forget Zimbabwe even if I tried. I want to come back for a longer term. I have just begun to scratch the surface, to become accustomed and comfortable in that setting. I want to come back and finish the work the Lord has begun here. Mr. Duncan said that Ramona Bean that I were perfect for one another. We shall see what the Lord brings of this. After saying goodbyes, we sped back for lunch, packed the remaining items, and we set of for Hwange. It was a three hour drive; very bumpy. We are staying at Miambo Lodge just outside of Hwange. It is such an exotic out of the way place' very Africa! Our lodges are cement, small, with thatched roofs, an open air shower (shower under the stars!), and the bathroom outside each hut. The guys opted for the optional game drive this afternoon, but since I didn't want to lose an extra $65, I opted out and took a nap. We had dinner at 7 PM, devotions around the campfire. The shower was an interesting experience. Because I showered without glasses, I kept peering at the trees above, wondering if some monkey was perched up there. But we had hot water that didn't smell like Lake Kariba, so I was content. Game drive at 6 AM tomorrow morning so up at 5 AM. I could sleep forever and a day. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highview Baptist Church - Spencer County Campus Audio Podcast