Sunday, August 1, 2010

Reflections

So there ya have it. Its been two days since we got back, and going through my journal entries, I feel as if it were a year ago, perhaps two. It is such a different world, atmosphere, and mindset that it hardly feels like a couple days ago. There was so much we did in such little time, it seems like an entire years worth of activities. But being home again does not erase the lessons learned, the people met, and the lasting effect the Tonga will have on my heart. It increases my desire to learn more, be faithful in my studies, and continue to prepare for the task I feel the Lord is leading me to. It was commented during the trip that no one is "called to missions". It's in the great commission, part of the contract of every Christian. "Go and make disciples" is the bottom line. The Lord only knows how long and what the intensity of the missions I have been called to. I pray that the Lord will continue to use me with the Tonga people. I've also been reminded about the importance of prayer. The Tonga, Mr. Duncan and Mrs. Tatiana, the church planting team, and many others will be in my prayers for a very long time. Lord, please keep me faithful to complete the tasks you see fit to give me. To God be the glory!

1 comment:

  1. I made it...got to read each and every Africa entry! Thanks for all the details, helps me keep my memory fresh! GOnna try to post tonight, struggling to gather my thoughts to put down in a few paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete

Highview Baptist Church - Spencer County Campus Audio Podcast