Sunday, August 1, 2010

July 30th, 2010--En route to ATL from Jo'burg


9 AM EA time, 3 AM Africa time

How this flight drags on! Two and a half hours to go. I slept maybe two hours. We've talked a lot, I got a book read, journaled, prayed, and still there's more time to fly. Oi.


7:53 AM Atlanta, GA


The long flight ended and thank the Lord we're off that plane! The last few hours were seemingly endless, but with a smooth touch down, we were back in the good old US of A. The baggage attendants were literally shouting instructions as the entire mass of people herded through the baggage area. "Welcome to America" Nick grinned wryly at their brusque approach. Quite welcome indeed. After the hectic re-check in, we're in the terminal waiting for our flight at 9:45 AM. I feel like a hot shower and a long cool nap, but neither will happen until tonight. Oi. I'm going to attempt to stay awake the rest of the day so I'll get to bed tonight ad get back on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highview Baptist Church - Spencer County Campus Audio Podcast