I can hardly believe that the year 2009 has already arrived, but more so, that I have made it to where I am now! Looking back, I have seen God grow, stretch, test, nourish, love, and break me, and the growth resulting has been enormous and humbling. I am so grateful for all God has done, and I look forward to what he will do in the future!
Awhile ago I was mapping out the route from MN to KY for the drive back to school. I am navigator, so it is very important that I know where I'm going, and where I want to be! Being directionally challenged, it has been a learning experience as I find my way through atlases, map quest, and my dad's wisdom. It has made me grateful for the fact that God is my navigator, and that he knows exactly where I'm going! Some of the time, I try to take over the map and figure out my own way, but as long as I let God do the navigating and follow his directions instead of making my own, I'll be just fine. That is a huge relief for me because I'm very directionally challenged when it comes to life!
So a new year comes with new life, experiences, growth, and purpose. I look forward to what God may have for me, and I am so excited to see where God is going to take me! My life verse is Is. 40:29-31.
"He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might he increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigourous young men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up on wings as eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."
It is so easy to keep our eyes on the road and get tangled up in all the problems and issues of our life. However, it is with the Lord's strength that we rise on wings as eagles and get a glimpse of the big picture of eternity. It is my hope in this coming year to keep my eyes on the Lord and to rise above the turmoils and look at life with a bird's eye view.
This is part of the reason I began this blog, to put some landmarks on the map of my life. I have no idea where God's going to take me, but if you're willing, I'll take you along for the ride! God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment